Homes in the Past
EYFS & KS1 school session at Peterborough Museum
£180 per class
COVID UPDATE: For Summer term 2021, we have capacity for just one class only for this session. This will be reviewed in line with government guidance.
Please contact the Education Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Peterborough Museum has many original household artefacts dating from the Victorian era that children can handle and closely explore. As well as inspiring galleries, we also have an original Victorian kitchen from when the building was a Victorian hospital. Children will use these objects in role and in-situ, making learning more meaningful and of course fun.
- Role-play: In the original Victorian kitchen
- Dress up, make real pastry, wash and iron clothes, practise your embroidery - learn how a Victorian kitchen and household chores compare to kitchens of today.
- Storytelling: The Tiger Who Came to Tea
- Our 1950s kitchen room set provides the perfect backdrop to this familiar and much-loved story. Can you spot the objects on display as the story is told?
- Craft: Make a tiger table mat
- Why? Well just in case a tiger should come to tea of course!