Centre Assistant - Lifeguard
To assist in the efficient and safe operation and supervision at any Vivacity operated facilities or any facility at
which the Vivacity Sports Service is being offered or promoted. To be responsible for ensuring that
cleanliness of buildings is to the highest standard possible, and equipment is set up and dismantled to meet
service delivery requirements. To deal with customer enquiries in a timely and professional manner at all
- To establish a good professional relationship with the public and to deal with customer enquiries and
complaints without being distracted from the main task providing the highest standards of public
control, supervision and safety.
- To patrol the Centre and outside areas as directed by the Supervisor/Duty Manager
- To carry out cleaning tasks and the day to day equipment maintenance in accordance with the
cleaning schedule ensuring they are completed to the appropriate standards.
- To take bookings and collect fees and other monies using the computerised cash register and on
screen booking system strictly in accordance with the facilities financial manual. (dry site only)
- To deal with the lost and found property in accordance with the facilities financial manual.
- To assist in the supervision of the programme of activities including the organisation of the public and
setting up of equipment.
- To report any damage or malfunction of any equipment, plant or building fabric to the Duty Manager
immediately it is discovered.
- To carry out all responsibilities with regard to Vivacity’s Equal Opportunities Policy and procedures and
Customer Care policy.
- To ensure compliance with all health and safety at work requirements as laid down by the employer.
- To be able to manoeuvre equipment of various shapes and weights.
- To understand and follow instructions.
- Working in a busy customer orientated environment
- Working as part of a team
- Cash handling
- Dealing with different situations
- Obtained or willingness to study for a level 1 leisure related qualification
- First aid qualification or willingness to achieve
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (Pools only)
- Good standard of secondary school education
- Desire and commitment to provide a quality service to customers
- Self Motivated and initiative
- Good interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Honest, reliable and punctual Commitment to excellence in customer service and can do attitude
- Flexibility in working, including evening, weekend and Bank Holiday working on a shift rota basis.
- Ability to travel and work across all Vivacity venues.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office IT systems (dry sites only).
- The above duties and responsibilities do not include or define all tasks that may be required of the
- The duties and responsibilities may vary without changing the general character of the duties or
the level of responsibility entailed.
- The Health & Safety at Work Act stipulates that it is the responsibility of every employee to observe all
rules governing health and safety and such equipment as provided must be used.
- Vivacity aims to be an Equal Opportunities employer and has Equal Opportunities Policies with which
you are expected to comply at all times.
- Vivacity condemns all forms of harassment and is actively seeking to promote a workplace
where employees are treated with dignity, respect and without bias.
Vivacity is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will undertake relevant checks including DBS checks where appropriate and this role will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure/Disclosure.